Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hachimaki......Authentic?

Article about: Hello everyone, Spotted this item in an antique store and am curious about its authenticity. It's a little out of my price range but interesting nonetheless (the seller acknowledges that the

?

Default Hachimaki......Authentic?

Hello everyone,

Spotted this item in an antique store and am curious about its authenticity. It's a little out of my price range but interesting nonetheless (the seller acknowledges that the paper/photos are for information purposes only). I apologize for the poor photos--I can't seem to orient some correctly. Anyway, I appreciate your comments.

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hachimaki......Authentic?   Hachimaki......Authentic?  

Hachimaki......Authentic?   Hachimaki......Authentic?  

Hachimaki......Authentic?  

?

It's about as real as the tooth fairy and Santa Claus.
    Postwar style characters written by a non-Japanese hand.

It's bad... really, really bad...

It starts out imparting great philosophical wisdom by saying "Our people should not skin rash about a death wish". Some parts are taken from Kamikaze slogans and mixed with a sprinkling of fancy kanji taken from a label of a skin rash ointment.

Remind the seller to add some soy sauce stains and that should jack up the price to $1000.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hachimaki......Authentic?  

?

Thanks for the comments everyone. If it is still there when I go back I'll leave a sticky note on it saying it's fake, or at least speak to the manager. This forum and its members are a great source of information!

Tom

What the rest says is....."My grave will be the ocean around Okinawa. When it's time for the final plunge, I will say my beloved and esteemed father. Okinawa is equally a part of Japan as the 5 islands." "I shall live for the sake of eternal justice. A death of victory. If you only wish, you shall see my face in your heart. I shall live for eternal justice. Victory, Victory, Victory for the sake of the nation." That is the complete translation.

I toned down the grammatical errors, but this man seriously wants to give us a geography lesson in his moment of life or death and seems to be confused whether to die a death of victory or to live for eternal justice. I guess he finally decided to live for eternal fraud.

Ouch!!!!

?

Double ouch that!

Thanks Nick.