Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Hello, Need Help With A Sword

Article about: My uncle brought back this sword from WW2 and niwas wondering if anybody could give me info on it? Love to find out what it says on the handle,these marking and maybe how old it is?

?

It is very time consuming trying to find a certain sword when no one bothers to mention the name of the swordsmith. Yet, you know it is there as you ran into it before. It kinda defeats the whole purpose of the forum's search box. Plus it is good practice and practice makes perfect. Only a few more years to go before Nick shows up.

?

FYI, I have finished going through the early sword threads and have translated all the signatures that I could find. I skipped the mumei, the Chinese reproductions, and those that did not have pictures of the tangs. Starting in April 2013, Guy showed up and started translating them.

The End

Nice work, my friend! That only leaves you Gunboards, Wehrmacht-awards, and NMB to clean up!

I was wondering why all the old sword threads were coming up. Thank you very much

Quote by Kiipu View Post
    FYI, I have finished going through the early sword threads and have translated all the signatures that I could find. I skipped the mumei, the Chinese reproductions, and those that did not have pictures of the tangs. Starting in April 2013, Guy showed up and started translating them.

The End
    The Resurrectionist -- bringing dead threads back to life; hopefully not zombies.

?

I identify as a revisionist for the day. Tomorrow I go back to just being senile!
    re·vi·sion·ist: noun--a supporter of a policy of revision or modification.

And since you helped out, I identify you as an enabler.
    en·a·bler: noun--a person that makes something possible.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2