Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Help With Goggles

Article about: Hello Everyone, A friend of mine has offered me a really nice Navy winter flight helmet. With the helmet came these goggles. I’m looking for any information to identify these goggles. I ca

?

Default Help With Goggles

Hello Everyone,
    A friend of mine has offered me a really nice Navy winter flight helmet. With the helmet came these goggles. I’m looking for any information to identify these goggles. I can’t seem to find them in any of my references. Unfortunately, These are the only photos my friend has provided for me. Are they even Japanese or military? I look forward to hearing from other members of the forum and thank you in advance for the help.
    Thanks
    Vic
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help With Goggles   Help With Goggles  

?

I’ve never seen goggles like these

?

At least not Japanese goggles anyway. He said they came with the flight helmet when he got them, but I don’t think they belong.

Just for comparison ,here is a lightweight helmet and goggles if you look at the lenses, you can see the tinting in the goggles is de-laminating from the glass. Normally, if there is not a yellow tinted film it indicates it was intentionally removed to have more "Eye Appeal" Pardon the pun! Notice this set has no fleece winter linings

Regrds,GeoffHelp With GogglesHelp With GogglesHelp With Goggles

?

Based on these goggles, are you sure the flight helmet is correct?

?

Yes the flight helmet is the IJN version. If I can get some photos of it I will post them. It is unmistakable.
    My friend who has the helmet said the goggles came with it. I am not certain that these goggles have been with the helmet since the war.