Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help IJA NCO 95?

Article about: Hello All, I am a new collector and just asking for some help on this sword. Is it real or fake? Any feedback would be great. If fake what should I be looking at? If real what year? From wha

?

Default Help IJA NCO 95?

Hello All,
    I am a new collector and just asking for some help on this sword. Is it real or fake? Any feedback would be great. If fake what should I be looking at? If real what year? From what I have seen in the threads it appears if there are stamps outside of main serial number on the scabbard then usually a fake. This one has a Nagoya stamp in front of serial number and at bottom of scabbard. Does this mean it's automatically a fake?
    Thanks for all your help,
    Elco68Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?Help IJA NCO 95?

?

Looks good to me. The only thing that caught my eye was the nut on the handle [tsuka]. Hopefully, some other collectors will chime in later in the day. Thanks for sharing the pictures of your sword.

?

It looks like an original to me. Can you post pics of the markings on the collar near the tsuba if there are any?

?

Thanks for the replies. Sorry, there are no stamps there that I can see.

The stamp on the drag is quite normal for legit 95s. It's not always there, but you'll see plenty of them here and there.

?

Thank you. Does this one look legit? If so, I believe it’s a later one but any idea on year?

Yes, I agree with the other guys, this is completely legit. I'm not the expert on dating the NCOs, Stegel would be the guy to tell you that. But I'd put it around 1944'ish.

MAP
    ?

Looks to be in very nice condition too!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

Thank you greatly for your feedback!!

?

Nice collectible sword. I'd put it into 1943 myself but as I've mentioned before dating these 95s is not an exact science and Bruce could well be correct.

Regards,
    Stu