Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help with name and address(?) lable on sword scabbard

Article about: I'm hoping to get help with the pictured label on a sword scabbard. It appears to be a name on the left and an address on the right? I can make out the numbers 147 dash 3 on the lower right,

Default Help with name and address(?) lable on sword scabbard

I'm hoping to get help with the pictured label on a sword scabbard. It appears to be a name on the left and an address on the right? I can make out the numbers 147 dash 3 on the lower right, but the rest eludes me.

Any help is greatly appreciated.

Thank you for your time, Jon

Help with name and address(?) lable on sword scabbardHelp with name and address(?) lable on sword scabbard

The name is 金井秀夫. It's on the left like you guessed. The address is 〇府大島町147-3, where 〇 is the word I don't recognize.

Rod
    ?

Quote by Sporter90 View Post
    The name is 金井秀夫. It's on the left like you guessed. The address is 〇府大島町147-3, where 〇 is the word I don't recognize.
    甲府 Kōfu?

Is there an Oshima town in Kōfu?

The first word has many strokes. It doesn't look like 甲, which has a simple form and only a few strokes.

I don't think the first word is fully shown. The paper creases just hide the word enough to make the reading difficult.

The only 大島町 [Ōshima-machi] that is preceded by 府 fu that I can find is

大阪府豊中市大島町
    Ōsaka-fu, Toyonaka City, Ōshima Town

However, the kanji prededing 府 looks like it has the 女 woman radical??? Anybody else???

There was another Ōshima-machi in 東京府 Tokyo-fu; but the kanji on the label do not look like Tokyo at all.

--Guy

Rod
    ?

It's possible the Ōshima-machi on the label was merged into a larger civil entity as so many places have been since WW2. The only way to know is to get a good picture of that first Kanji.

Thank you all very much for your assistance! I'm afraid it's difficult to get a really clear pic of the top right as the paper seems to be stuck in it's crumpled position. I was able to get a slightly better pic, at least I think it's better.

Again, thank you for your help. It's appreciated!

Help with name and address(?) lable on sword scabbard