Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge

Article about: I’m hoping the good members here can help me identify this set of shoulder boards and what appears to be a cap badge. Any information will be greatly appreciated! Thank you all very much i

Default Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge

Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badgeHelp please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge
    I’m hoping the good members here can help me identify this set of shoulder boards and what appears to be a cap badge. Any information will be greatly appreciated!
    Thank you all very much in advance.
    Tom

Narrowing it down to the exact ID will take me too much time in the archives, so I'll just give you a hint in which areas to look for.

As for the first visor cap insignia, the closest I found was the national railways (see illustration below)

For the shoulder strap, it is from some organization of the General Government of Korea. The illustration I show below is for an instructor in the Korean Quarantine Office, but specs say they are to be on brown cloth, not dark blue like yours. Many Korean boards have that paulownia crest, but they mostly have pointy straps, not clipped like the type shown below.

Going through all uniform regs like police, customs, prison guards, foresters, etc is too much of my time, so I'll have to leave it at that.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge   Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge  

Here's also a government official's (Chokuninkan) boards on a dark blue backing like yours, also from the General Government of Korea.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge  

Nick, thank you very much. You have helped me in the past several times and I sincerely appreciate your time and expertise.
    Tom

Now I've got a fix on the boards with matching specs.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge  

Here's what the Korean version of the railway insignia looked like.

Thanks again Nick, you are the best!

And this is the insignia for the Tokyo Transportation Bureau, which appears to be part of the cap insignia.
    Attached Images Attached Images Help please with identifying shoulder boards and cap badge 

That insignia for the Tokyo transportation bureau looks like a perfect match.
    Thanks again Nick.