MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Help with unknown pouch please

Article about: Good day all, I wonder if anyone can identify the intended purpose and origin of this pouch and, indeed, its age. There are a few markings inside the flap, though these are weak and difficul

I meant the photo was not a war-period photo. Sorry for the confusion.

--Guy

I did find this document; it's a cached page, so do a word search for 爆破器材 then two pdf files will download.

Title:
    爆破器材 導火索器具 制式改正の件
    Material for blasting equipment and squibs [fuzes]; a case for formal revision
    Dunno if it will be helpful .... too much stuff to read and NO pictures.

--Guy

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    You'd think that the sexy job of setting charges would have featured in some of the photos in these magazine articles and Army Combat Engineer School postcards .....but NOOoooooooooo! More links at the bottom of the page.
    How often do you see helmet nets like the soldiers are wearing in photos 2,13,and 14 ?

?

Quote by SHEMP H View Post
    How often do you see helmet nets like the soldiers are wearing in photos 2,13,and 14 ?
    I think they're pretty common. I see them in photos all throughout the war. There was quite a bit of variation with nets, some really large, some really small, some noticeably handmade.

?

Great footage there, Guy!
    Much of the combat film looks real, rather than ‘staged’. There is real anxiety on many of the faces in close-up.
    The flamethrower and tank destruction teams ( in training), appear to be NLF...

I’m going to be watching that film a few times!
    Many thanks...

Bob

?

Quote by Kohima View Post
    Great footage there, Guy!
    Much of the combat film looks real, rather than ‘staged’. There is real anxiety on many of the faces in close-up.
    The flamethrower and tank destruction teams ( in training), appear to be NLF...

I’m going to be watching that film a few times!
    Many thanks...

Bob
    You are correct about them being NLF. They are part of the Iwo Jima Navy Garrison, likely the Iwo Jima Keibitai (Guard Unit) under Captain Samaji Inouye's command. You can view the rest of the clip in higher resolution here. Lots of interesting details like early helmet covers, early T99's, cotton caps, etc. Really different than the typical NLF you'd see early to mid war. Under the leadership of Imperial Army General Tadamichi Kuribayashi... ストック動画・映像 - Getty Images

Great thread! Some excellent period footage.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2