Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru good or not?

Article about: A friend of me showed me these pics of his hinomaru. He asked me what i think of it? I d'ont know enough of it to give him some council. I prefer to ask the experts here. Any help would be g

Default Hinomaru good or not?

A friend of me showed me these pics of his hinomaru. He asked me what i think of it? I looked and i see maybe a name Harada? I think different writers, one with a terrible handwriting?
    I d'ont know enough of it to give him some council. I prefer to ask the experts here.
    Any help would be greatly appreciated!!

Regards
    Delibes
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hinomaru good or not?   Hinomaru good or not?  

Hinomaru good or not?   Hinomaru good or not?  

Hinomaru good or not?   Hinomaru good or not?  

It would be helpful to see the entire flag in one high resolution photo. Otherwise, it’s like viewing a bunch of jigsaw pieces.

— Guy

Offcourse here you are, sorry my mistake.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Hinomaru good or not?  

It is certainly authentic, signed by a group of well educated people, but no name of the recipient is given.

The message from a Harada you noticed at the leftmost is actually a quote from Julius Caesar, "Veni, vidi, vici". And to the immediate right of that is a quote from Sun Tsu "To subjugate an enemy without having to fight". Year 2600 is mentioned, so it was for someone going to war in 1940.

Awesome! It is refreshing to see such quotes on a flag. My friend will be very pleased! Thank you for youre help and expertise Nick, i knew you or Guy are always there helping us. It is very appreciated!!
    Regards Delibes

Love the sword!!!! As an iaido practicioner, I would kill for that one!

Sword:
    I cannot read the words next to the tsuba, and it is obvious the writing is from left to right based on the way the sword is drawn: heavy ink on the left with feathering off to the right.

** 剣光
    ** Kenkō
    ** Light [shimmering from the] Sword

Signed by:
    衣笠
    Igasa/Ikasa; Kinugasa [Japanese surname]

-- Guy

Thank you guy for youre time and help!!! If one day i could have one i let you know directly.

Regards Delibes

"Veni, vidi, vici". I came I saw I conquered