Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru no Yosegaki Help

Article about: I was shown this flag and would appreciate help to know of any interesting slogans, personalizations, or owner name. It is in very good condition. I was able to get this one picture. Thank y

?

Default Hinomaru no Yosegaki Help

I was shown this flag and would appreciate help to know of any interesting slogans, personalizations, or owner name. It is in very good condition. I was able to get this one picture.
    Thank you!

Hinomaru no Yosegaki Help

神武必勝
    Jinmu Hisshō
    Jinmu Victory.
    Jinmu (also written as Jimmu in romaji) is the legendary founding Emperor of Japan.

The recipient is:
    大川金太郎君
    Ōkawa Kintarō-kun no tame
    For Mr. Ōkawa, Kintarō

I cannot read the text to the left of this; most likely the person who did the above calligraphy -- we need to rely on Nick Komiya or other native readers to sort out this part; it is too cursive ("broken") for me to attempt.

-- Guy

The cursive dedication line says Mayor of Katsushika Ward Tokyo, Giichi Shikatani, who was in that position between 30th June 1943 and 30th June 1945. Next to him, the president of Tokyo Rim Brake Manufacturing Co. is signing.

Thanks Nick! "The Nick of Time" saves the day again.

Cheers!
    -- Guy

?

Thank you Guy and Nick. Sounds like this is a more interesting Hinomaru no Yosegaki, at least from the perspective of being personalized and a bit of history to it.

I tried to look up "Tokyo Rim Brake Manufacturing" but could not find anything. Is that likely to be a defunct bicycle manufacturer?

I found nothing on the company either, but rim brakes are brakes for bicycles so I guessed the same.