Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Hinomaru No Yosegaki Help

Article about: Hello: I would appreciate any feedback on the authenticity and any translation help for the following Hinomaru No Yosegaki, which I believe is made of silk. I apologize for the shadows that

?

Default Hinomaru No Yosegaki Help

Hello:
    I would appreciate any feedback on the authenticity and any translation help for the following Hinomaru No Yosegaki, which I believe is made of silk. I apologize for the shadows that can be seen of the person taking the pictures. Also, there is a document under the flag that can be seen. Pictures are of the full front and then each quadrant of the flag.
    Thank you!

It is authentic. Presented to someone joining the navy by the Principle of a Highschool of Commerce in Saitama Prefecture and then signed by classmates.

Mostly signatures, but a few messages refer to the navy like "Show them the navy spirit", "All the way to London and Washington". Also signed by 1st Lt. Shiota, a drill officer assigned to the school.

?

Thank you Nick. Much appreciated.

?

Thanks again Nick. I gather that the name of the recipient is not on the flag.

Are the messages that you provided the translations for commonly found or would they make this flag more than of passing interest?