Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here

Identifying Japanese pair of Binoculars

Article about: Hi Please can you help a new member, I’ve enjoyed having various military binoculars over the years and have just picked these up, problem is I can’t find much about them on the internet, my

?

Default HELP Identifying Japanese pair of Binoculars

Hi
    Please can you help a new member, I’ve enjoyed having various military binoculars over the years and have just picked these up, problem is I can’t find much about them on the internet, my concern is are they from WWII era? any help would be greatly appreciated, thank you.

Identifying Japanese pair of BinocularsIdentifying Japanese pair of BinocularsIdentifying Japanese pair of Binoculars
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Identifying Japanese pair of Binoculars  
    Last edited by Mickey; 08-18-2019 at 02:27 PM.

?

To start, you've assumed they are Japanese. What are you basing that on? Anchors and stars are very common symbols internationally. The Japanese navy used an anchor with a cherry blossom, not a star.

?

As the only thing I could find were a Pair sold on EBay what said Japanese. They could be Italian, Spanish I just don’t know. I just want to know if anyone can identify them using the marks.

Welcome Mickey,

Your binoculars are postwar Japanese. There were a dizzying array of postwar makers marks on optics. Wartime military binoculars will feature army or navy inspection marks on the hinge cover plate, the part circled in red.

Identifying Japanese pair of Binoculars

?

Thanks for confirming Japanese, as long as there not modern fakes there ok.