Display your banner here

IJA Engineers tunic

Article about: IJA Engineers tunic

Default IJA Engineers tunic

IJA Engineers tunic
    IJA Engineers tunic
    IJA Engineers tunic
    IJA Engineers tunic

The branch color patch (Type 98) and tabs (Type 3) don't go together (mutually exclusive). Is the jacket a Type 98 or Type 3?

By Type 3, they must have realized that giving a promotion need not mean new tabs, but only addition of one star.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Engineers tunic  

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    The branch color patch (Type 98) and tabs (Type 3) don't go together (mutually exclusive). Is the jacket a Type 98 or Type 3?

By Type 3, they must have realized that giving a promotion need not mean new tabs, but only addition of one star.
    Thanks Nick, I believe its a type 3. I cant find any stamping at all on the tunic.

The condition of the tunic both inside and out, would lead me to believe it was unissued.

No markings is a big red flag, as even mint ones would have full markings. The location of the markings are as shown below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJA Engineers tunic  

?

Agree. Tunic had insignia added post war. Likely to enhance value

Agree, post war applied insignia. Surprisingly good job at the insignia,theres no sloppy stitching, someone has made a decent effort. Thank you all