Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

IJA Mannequin display

Article about: Hi All, Finally finished my display, putting all the bits and pieces together was fun, the matching belt was probably the hardest to find, many of the items I received help with from the ama

Default IJA Mannequin display

Hi All,
    Finally finished my display, putting all the bits and pieces together was fun, the matching belt was probably the hardest to find, many of the items I received help with from the amazing and knowledgable members here, so without being extremely picky on accuracy I hope you enjoy the pics!
    IJA Mannequin displayIJA Mannequin displayIJA Mannequin displayIJA Mannequin display

Love it! Something different to TR stuff for a change. As much as I enjoy studying and collecting within the TR I am a militaria enthusiast and there is far more to the subject than M35s and EKs! I know very little about the IJA so this is refreshing. Thanks for showing.

Regards

Mark
    Last edited by Watchdog; 06-13-2019 at 10:50 AM.
    "War is an ugly thing, but not the ugliest of things. A man who has nothing for which he is willing to fight, nothing he cares more about than his own personal safety, is a miserable creature with no chance of being free unless made and kept so by the exertions of better men than himself."

Correct me if I'm wrong. I believe the waist belt is designed for trousers. A guy does not wear it over the jacket.

MAP
    ?

Well done!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Looks superb!
    Really good work on putting this together!

?

The belt is actually an officers’ sword belt (and a very nice one!), worn here on a Private 1st Class tunic.

I mean no offence, Maximus, and hope you don’t think I’m being picky, as all the bits look good and are very nice examples. Just spotted a sword hanging chain there too!

Of course, it just means you’re going to have to put an officer’s field uniform together now!

Well done,
    Bob

?

The belt is for officer and not for private, the canteen is for soldier but the soldiers not use have a binoculars like officers, the dog tag is in no correct site, japaneses put it in complitely different manner.

Very impressive display Maximus, a break from the norm for sure. Happy collecting and thank you for sharing it with us.

If that's an officer's sword belt, the IJA officers wore this kind of belts under the jacket. The IJA officers often wore uniforms without a waist belt over the jacket. A sword was hanging under the jacket. The jacket had a slit for the sword hanger. I'm sure you've seen period pictures like that. In fact, I think that's the norm. I've never seen a canvas sword belt over a jacket.

?

Just for help you here an example

IJA Mannequin display

IJA Mannequin display

This last is from Luca Balducci collection

IJA Mannequin display

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast