Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag

Article about: Sharing a few photos of my recent additions to the IJN flag collection. A very nice size 6 (8'6' x 13') Vice Admiral flag and a Harbor Guard vessel flag 36" x 52". Both flags are e

Default IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag

Sharing a few photos of my recent additions to the IJN flag collection. A very nice size 6 (8'6' x 13') Vice Admiral flag and a Harbor Guard vessel flag 36" x 52". Both flags are excellent quality wool linen with multi-piece hand stitched construction. The markings on the header are faded out completely and there are no remnants of the paper tag seen on many of the unused flags I've previously shared.

My collection of IJ flags has grown to about two dozen various flags. I never really planned to have a significant sub-collection of Japanese flags, but the more flags I have obtained the more interested I become. The quality of the workmanship is really amazing and the relatively small number of Japanese naval flags still in existence make them important historical artifacts.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag   IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag   IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag   IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

?

I don't see any photos

?

Very nice flags! Maybe show some more?

I’d like to get any kind of Admiral’s flag someday!

?

Pics are working for me now. That's the first original harbor guard vessel flag I've ever seen. Great flags.

Thanks! I saw a Harbor Guard flag at the Show of Shows maybe 4 years ago, same size and style. There was a younger gentleman there displaying several Japanese naval flags at that time. I was not looking for any IJN flags at that time but found the hand stitching to be fascinating. I think that's when I became interested. I have not seen him back at SOS since. Wish I would've grabbed a card or his name. If anyone knows who I might talking about please share! Thanks

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagHere are most of my Japanese flags:

I'm still looking for the large Ensign size 8, the naval commissioning pennant streamer and a rear admiral. I'll have to pull out a grouping of signal flags and get some photos. They are sewn the same way.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag   IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

?

Great collection! I am a little confused, outside of my wheelhouse, but the sharp zigzag examples aren't army battalion flags? Is the coloring the difference?

Tom

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagYou’re correct. Here’s a summary from the Warflags site.

?

Fabulous collection of stunning flags! Thanks for sharing them!

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagI have added a small size d Rear Admiral identifying flag, roughly 36" x 53". It is hand stitched, multi-part construction. Loose threads remain where a paper ID tag would have been sewn on.

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast