Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag

Article about: Sharing a few photos of my recent additions to the IJN flag collection. A very nice size 6 (8'6' x 13') Vice Admiral flag and a Harbor Guard vessel flag 36" x 52". Both flags are e

JCB
    ?

Default Battalion flags

Yep, no doubt second and third battalion flags. These are hard to get. I also seriously collect Japanese military flags. Here are my examples along with a champion of shooting award flag and army Calvary ceremonial lance pennant. Jim (JapaneseOrdnance(at) Yahoo.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

Very cool original Japanese Army flags! These are pretty scarce flags for sure. That cavalry pennant is fantastic.

?

Superb flags JCB!

A new addition to the collection. A First Battalion Infantry flag. Help with inscription translation appreciated! IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag

Looks like the name of the flag company??

田元
    Tamoto

/Kyō/Kei

Can't make out that one kanji, doubt it is 工.

-- Guy

?

Guy, I am thinking the top row is reading from right to left, 昭一六 [shō 16]. The bottom column looks like 二京 which could be inspection marks as this is an army flag.
    Last edited by Kiipu; 05-27-2023 at 07:28 PM.

Quote by Kiipu View Post
    Guy, I am thinking the top row is reading from right to left, 昭一六 [shō 16]. The bottom column looks like 二京 which could be inspection marks as this is an army flag.
    OM....G! YES, it is 昭一六 S.16 [1941]. I can see it clearly now!!!

I now wonder if that second mark is a compressed 六, made maybe in 京 Kyoto [京東]??

Thanks Kiipu.

-- Guy

JCB
    ?

Tderbinmas. Great first battalion flag. I collect these as well. There were TWO Japanese army champion shooting award flags on eBay, I bagged one but the other went to someone else. Maybe you got it. Jim

JapaneseOrdnance(at)Yahoo.com
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag  

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    I now wonder if that second mark is a compressed 六, ....
    I am thinking it could be the month, February 二, or maybe even the size of the flag, size 2 二?
    Last edited by Kiipu; 05-29-2023 at 04:57 PM.

Here is another recent purchase for my collection. It is a small painted IJN ensign. Measures about 16” x 26” and has the same style rope, canvas header and hand stitching as larger versions. There are some inscriptions. Possibly a launch or other small craft ensig?

IJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel FlagIJN Flags - New Additions - Vice Admiral Sz 6 - Harbor Guard Vessel Flag

Page 2 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3 LastLast