Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Japanese medallion

Article about: Hi, just showing another of my peices. Pictured bellow is what i beleive is a members badge, for what regiment i do not know but i am having it translated. Out of 1-5 on the rarity scale thi

Default Imperial Japanese medallion

Hi,
    just showing another of my peices.

Pictured bellow is what i beleive is a members badge, for what regiment i do not know but i am having it translated.

Out of 1-5 on the rarity scale this would have to be atleast 3 and a half if not 4. Quite scarce.

Will update this thread when i have found out more about this peice.

Cheers-

Darren
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese medallion   Imperial Japanese medallion  

Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Japanese medallion  Imperial Japanese medallion  Imperial Japanese medallion  Imperial Japanese medallion 

Default Re: Imperial Japanese medallion

Just received an email from the person who was translating the writing on this medal but due to my camera being utterly useless at taking close up shots he could only make out a little .

He told me the obverse read: Suguro Village, Friends of the Military.

This was a military support group. The village is in Saitama Prefecture formerly part of the old Musashi Province.

Interesting.....

Will hopefully find out more soon. I will probably have to buy a better camera, as its becoming increasingly difficult to take clear shots with the one i have now.

What do you think of this peice? comments are always apreciated gents.

Cheers-

Darren.

That's an interesting medal Darren, I love the wooden presentation boxes. I don't know much about Japanese medals, I only have one. Yours is in good condition. Alot of these medals I've see had bad corrosion, I guess because the box holds moisture. Update us when you get more translated.

Jay

?

a nice looking item darren , i love it when they are still in the original presentation box .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Thanks for the comments Jay, Alan.

I agree, a fine little medal and quite rare. I have seen a great many IJA/N orders, medals and badges but never before have i seen a military support group medal. I am sure there are more around but it was the first ive seen and ive been collecting and researching for years.

Will update the thread as soon as i receive further translation. But myself and my friend who is doing the translation beleive without a doupt it is a membership badge for a local branch of the group.

Cheers-

Darren

As promised,
    some clearer pics taken in natural light.

Cheers-

Darren.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese medallion   Imperial Japanese medallion  

?

The rear of the medal reads:
    Established April Meiji year 36 (1903)

I would translate the front as Suguro(mura) (Village) Military Friendship Association

If you can send a clear shop of the label on the box, I will translate it for you. They used the classic old-style and I would have to get a good look to make them out.