Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Imperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia

Article about: I salute you all. I have these two patches and some badges that I may upload later issued by the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy. Have had them for an odd 20 years and finally decided to fin

Default Imperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia

I salute you all. I have these two patches and some badges that I may upload later issued by the Imperial Japanese Naval Academy. Have had them for an odd 20 years and finally decided to find out what they are. I cannot find much info here on the Naval academy itself. I know it was probably in existence since around 1876 to 1945. Any info on these two patch insignia will be greatly appreciated. Thank you in advance.

Imperial Japanese Naval Academy InsigniaImperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia
    The badge I have is at my storage unit and I cannot access it this week but it is a sought of hybrid between the two and looks something like this; - the back reads as communications in Japanese.
    Imperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia

Here they are from the navy regulations book.

The telegraphy certificate patches are from the Navy Communications School established in 1930. Until then, they were part of the Torpedo School. The advanced course took in Lieutenants and Sub-Lieutenants to qualify them as chief of signals, and the regular course was a basics course for Sub-Lieutenants and Ensigns.

These were discontinued in 1942 as discussed here.

As for the 3rd patch, you need to provide a photo of the actual patch, not a composite photo.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Imperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia  
    Attached Images Attached Images Imperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia 

Nick, thank you for posting the above and for passing on your invaluable knowledge. Now I know that I should have looked for info on the Navy Communications School not the Naval Academy. I wonder if it is the now Camp Kurihama Signal School for the JGSDF in Yokohama. If so I might try to visit when I get a chance to be back in Tyo. When I get the other one will post it here. Arigatou!

They were initially located in Yokosuka, but moved to Kurihama in Nov. 1939, with further facilities opening at the current ASDF Boufu camp in 1943.

Default Monuments dedicated to the Naval Communications School.

Imperial Japanese Naval Academy InsigniaImperial Japanese Naval Academy Insignia