Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover

Article about: Hello everyone, I thought that I would post some pics of a period magazine in my collection, though I'm not sure of its date. Especially neat, at least to me, is the photo of the seemingly w

?

Default Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover

Hello everyone,

I thought that I would post some pics of a period magazine in my collection, though I'm not sure of its date. Especially neat, at least to me, is the photo of the seemingly well-fed soldiers training with swords--not the emaciated-looking men of the late war period. Thanks for taking a look!

Tom
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover  
    Attached Images Attached Images Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover  Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover  Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover  Interesting Magazine with Paratroopers on Cover 

Thanks Tom,

写真週報
    Shashin shūhō
    Weekly Photo Report

十二月廿日・第三五二号
    December 20th, #352.

Based on that info I found more:
    写真週報第352号(昭和19年12月20日)

Showa 19 [1944]

Found more covers here

I've seen the photo before of the two officers doing sword forms along with the EMs who are doing the bayonet drills. Cool photo!

Cheers,
    -- Guy

Yep, judging from the looks in the photos you'd never think that US battleships would be shelling the mainland completely uncontested in a mere 8 months! Gotta love that propaganda machine that keeps people in delusion.

?

Thanks for the responses Guy and Long Shot. Guy, as always, I appreciate you taking the time to translate!

Tom

Complete archive of that magazine is available here Visual Research Resources on Japan in WW2

?

Thanks Nick for this resource...great information.

Tom