Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Army dress sword

Article about: Hello all, I thought I would share a recent purchase of a WW2 Japanese Army dress sword. I’m not a huge collector of dress swords...however, this one was a must buy! I thought this sword w

The revival of the Samurai sword was not because of nationalism, but because of the bitter experience in the Manchurian Incident. Read details here.

Okay, thank you, Nick! The nationalism comment I made was based off of what I had read recently in my current book. My mistake.

Most sword authors make that mistake so there's no blame on you. Practical combat worthiness became even more important as the war progressed. In that regard here is another aspect that sword authors never get right.

Thanks everybody for your comment!

The sword I posted on this thread, as you can see, doesn’t have the “Acid” etched temper line. The blade is for appearance only... Definitely not like the type 32 or any other combat sword.

I added a dress sword story for you here

Very interesting read Nick!

It appears that the ceremonial sword had its place during the war... I would think that they would be collectible in their own right.

Thanks again Nick,
    D

?

If you are fighting in China, you need a big robust sword....Japanese Army dress sword

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2