Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?

Article about: Hi all! Maybe someone knows, this marking which companies ( on Japanese canteens)? 1) "Toyoda"? 2) ? 3)? Best regards, Michael

Default Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?

Hi all!
    Maybe someone knows, this marking which companies ( on Japanese canteens)?

1) "Toyoda"?
    2) ?

3)?

Best regards, Michael

Here are some more I found on the net
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?   Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?  

Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?   Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?  

Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?   Japanese canteens markings - who is the manufacturer?  

Nick, thanks!

I'd really like to know decipher these logos ( name of the manufacturer ).

To me suggested, that the "number 3" - a stamp "Army"
    There are still only number 1 and 2

I have seen number 3 with inspection marks of the South Manchurian Arsenal/Depot, so it must be a company in Manchuria. Number 1 is definitely not Toyoda. I have read someone referring to it as the stamp for the Osaka arsenal, but I find that also questionable. It is much better to leave them as unknown than to tie them to some name without proof.

Army supplier lists are available, so if one picked out all aluminum manufacturers from that list and researched them one by one, there is a chance some of them can be tied to markings, but I don't think anyone has done such research yet.

Nick, thank you for your continued support. I try to look for more, sooner or later, something to find.

Hello Micheal , Really interesting Thread about manufature marks on Japanese canteens , I am new to War Relics Forum but at the moment I have a Thread on a similar subject ~ I have a Type 98 Meiji ? Japanese canteen and trying to find the manufacturer , It is the same as in your photo Number 2 but has Nitto stamped in the centre of the triangle . I notice Nick Kimiyas ( Only recently heard he had sadly died ) did not mention number 2 photo. So I'm still at a loss , I will keep searching , should I find your stamp I will send you any information I find . Best Wishes Bern.

Hi Micheal , All CREDIT !!! to ghp95134 & Kilpu for their research , knowledge and kindness in forwarding to me the information that my canteen logo belongs to " Nitto Aluminium Factory Ltd " a company that was located in Osaka City. Thanks again to both these brill guys ( I realise your triangle does not have the name in the centre but sure you agree it has to be the same company ) Best Wishes . Bern .

Hi, Bern! Thank you very much for your help and support!
    This was a big mystery for me.

Regards, Mikhail