Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Dog Tag without Rank

Article about: Hello, I wanted to share these tags here I bought recently on eBay, some people I saw in this forum here were concerned about Japanese „Officer“ Named tags without rank on them... as the

?

Default Japanese Dog Tag without Rank

Hello,
    I wanted to share these tags here I bought recently on eBay, some people I saw in this forum here were concerned about Japanese „Officer“ Named tags without rank on them... as they are not necessarily soldiers, and in somecases just civilians attached to the unit, so I thought this the perfect opportunity to let you guys see these tags here, one of them proved that not necessarily all of the tags without rank are civilians.

First tag: with the Code 15321 is to the 17th Field Airfield Construction Unit, like I said the tag is without rank but I found its previous owner on Jacar, it was the tag of Lt. Colonel (Later: Colonel) Minami Masanori commanding officer of said unit… I’m not 100% sure where they served as the Documentation is split on it though, Unit was either on Biak Island, or they were on Celebes… Maybe somebody knows some stuff about that????

Second tag: was in the same deal with the colonel tag, the code 8367 refers to the 11th Field Air Repair Depot / 1st Independent Maintenance Unit, that’s another tag with a interesting (and also very disturbing) history behind it, this unit was on Palawan Island were the Japanese army burned 139 US POWs alive, if you guys are interested in reading more about that just search for Palawan Massacre.

Best regards.

- Ben
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Dog Tag without Rank   Japanese Dog Tag without Rank