Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, May I ask you about this field cap please? What do you think about it? With best wishes alter musketier

Default Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

May I ask you about this field cap please? What do you think about it?

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese field cap: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

I believe it is a war time civilian cap.

Dear SteveR,

Thank you very much for your answer. Without military origin it's an interesting item nevertheless.

With best wishes
    alter musketier
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

I agree with Steve, an original civillian cap. Whilst it is of the army style, it has multiple differences from the army cap in terms of the construction and lining, and the plain circular badge on the front is a civilian feature.

Dear douglas2496,

Thank you very much for your answer and the info about the circular badge.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

I agree. A definite civilian cap.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Dear Bob,

Thank you very much for your answer.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

I have purchased some great stuff of that Japanese Bayer, but he almost always lists civilian hats as military.
    Last edited by christek; 08-22-2016 at 08:28 AM.

Dear christek,

Thank you very much for your advise.

With best wishes
    alter musketier