Marna Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Is this Japanese Flag authentic?

Article about: I'm looking to purchase a Japanese rising sun flag? I want to get some opinions regarding authenticity before possibly purchasing. I welcome all opinions. Thanks for your time.

Default Is this Japanese Flag authentic?

I'm looking to purchase a Japanese rising sun flag? I want to get some opinions regarding authenticity before possibly purchasing. I welcome all opinions. Thanks for your time. Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?Is this Japanese Flag authentic?

Also, the flag is from an estate sale. The woman who sold it said its from her brother who served in the pacific and retrieved it from the Tinian islands. It measures 28 x 36 inches approx.

Rod
    ?

Hi,

Looks good to me. The size is what you'd expect to see and the leather tab corners look right. If she's not asking too much it's a nice score.

Regards, Rod

?

Quote by Rod View Post
    Hi,

Looks good to me. The size is what you'd expect to see and the leather tab corners look right. If she's not asking too much it's a nice score.

Regards, Rod
    I'm inclined to agree. Nothing in the way of a red flag (no pun intended) jumps out.

Regards,
    Stu

Thanks for the comments.

Thumbs up

The construction of the corner tabs and stitching look good. Nice looking army flag!