Ratisbon's - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese flag - original ?

Article about: hello all, just wondering about this flag.....does it appear to be a genuine period piece ?....it looks a little "new" to me....and is it the typical "good luck" on you j

Default Japanese flag - original ?

hello all,

just wondering about this flag.....does it appear to be a genuine period piece ?....it looks a little "new" to me....and is it the typical "good luck" on you journey flag ?....any input would be greatly appreciated...thanks

"Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

It's just a souvenir for climbing Mt. Fuji. They're common and pop up for sale pretty regularly in militaria circles.

thanks !....i had a feeling it was something like that..
    "Youth would be an ideal state if it came a little later in life" - Herbert Henry Asqulth

Take your pick.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flag - original ?   Japanese flag - original ?  

Here's my pick: 1984

2nd day of climbing -- at the 9th (+) station, after coming down from the peak. Most people begin the climb early in the morning .... I started around 3pm and overnighted at Station 9; then up early the next morning to catch the first light of day from the peak:

FYI, most people begin at Station 5 which is half-way up the mountain. You can actually buy your staff with all the station brands and have a cool souvenir without even hiking to the peak. ... but that's cheating!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese flag - original ?  

?

With the above being said, I think this flag gives you double the pain! Goes something like this:

A: "Look at this great war flag I found!"
    B: "Sorry, but it is for those who climbed Mt. Fuji, not war related."
    A: "Shoot, well at least I got a neat souvenir belonging to someone who summited the famous Mt. Fuji, probably a great story of exertion and perseverance."
    B: "Yeah, about that...."

Tom

Quote by tomp
    ...B: "Yeah, about that...."....

Guy, what I want to know is how much you paid the stud-muffin holding your flag for the photo?!?! Ha!

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    Guy, what I want to know is how much you paid the stud-muffin holding your flag for the photo?!?! Ha!
    Would you believe......