Lakesidetrader - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?

Article about: I came across this today while antiquing. It is priced at \\$200. Is it worth a buy? I'm redirecting my collecting toward Imperial Japanese memorabilia and hope this would be a nice piece to s

Default Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?

I came across this today while antiquing. It is priced at $200. Is it worth a buy? I'm redirecting my collecting toward Imperial Japanese memorabilia and hope this would be a nice piece to start off with! It is marked as a "Japanese WW2 Fuse Box". Thank you for your help! Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?

?

It is a cool looking box, but I don't know if it is $200 cool.

Tom

MAP
    ?

Ask yourself. Do you like it? Do you want it? Do you think you will see another?

The label is a bit humorous if I say so myself. Shipping from San Francisco to a Bowling Ally in NY.

Price = Desires with one off items like this.

But just my opinion...others may disagree.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

I am a guy who likes WWII Japanese boxes but even for me $200 is pretty steep. If you can, post a closeup of the kanji for a solid translation and make a decision based on that.

Here's the photo you needed to post. It's no fuse box, but a box for accessories for a Hitachi DC generator produced in 1944. The actual content was the outer coil assembly. You decide whether that gives you the right buzz.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Fuse Box Souvenir Worth It?  

Very interesting piece from a "Talk to you" perspective.As a person who is fond of antiques, I think it would make a great base for a table.Might be a nice piece for your "War Room" Regards,G.

?

Not the most exciting box. Period boxes are great to store things in.