Virtual Grenadier - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese Hinomaru Yosegaki flag -Real or Fake? Needing Translation

Article about: Hello, I’m new to the forum. I was hoping someone could give their opinion on this flag. Does it appear to be authentic or fake? I would also greatly appreciate if someone could translate

Default Japanese Hinomaru Yosegaki flag -Real or Fake? Needing Translation

Hello,

I’m new to the forum. I was hoping someone could give their opinion on this flag. Does it appear to be authentic or fake? I would also greatly appreciate if someone could translate what it says.
    Thanks.

I won't bother with translations, but it is legitimate and can be dated to the period between 1942 and 45. This is because the main presenter at the rightmost position is signing as Masataka Nakajima, Principle of Shiba Junior High School. This high school is located right beside present day Tokyo Tower and from 1942, Nakajima was indeed the 6th Principle of this school founded in 1906. Here's a page on the school's history. The flag is not named to any recipient.

MAP
    ?

Excellent details Nick!

A bit of a learning question for me so would like to hear your wisdom.

Interesting to hear it does not have a name of who the recipient was. If this was not named to any recipient, would you think that maybe this was some kind of standardized production (I use the term production very loosely) that were produced to give to any student in the school going off to join the military?
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Thank you very much for the information.

Schools or companies sending kids or workers off to war had to prepare multiple flags like these at the same time, so in these cases, it was in no way unusual for them not to be addressed to a specific name.

MAP
    ?

Thanks Nick. What I expected. Appreciate the info
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)