Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

Japanese Mess Kit help and translation request

Article about: Hello everyone! I just received a WW2 Japanese mess kit from Japan and would like to verify that I got what I paid for. Also, there are some kanji scratched into the mess kit that I believe

Default Japanese Mess Kit help and translation request

Hello everyone! I just received a WW2 Japanese mess kit from Japan and would like to verify that I got what I paid for. Also, there are some kanji scratched into the mess kit that I believe may be a name. Any help you can render is deeply appreciated. The top lid of the kit has a name scratched into it(?). Does it say "Kimura?" Japanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation requestJapanese Mess Kit help and translation request

Yep,

木村
    Kimura

代用
    Daiyō
    Substitute

Dunno what sort of substitute. I'm sure one of the experts will let you know.

--Guy

Thanks for the help!

?

代用
    Daiyō
    Substitute this is the manifacture name, and the number 2600?? the year of production?

?

Yep, 1940 (in accordance with the ancient Nipon calendar, 660 years in advance of the Gregorian calendar).

Bob

Thank you gents! You may not believe it, but I paid $12.00 plus 9.00+ shipping.

代用, means "made using substitute materials or design". Common practice since 1938, due to tight resources.

?

Nice, well used item, at a good price!

Regards

Russ

?

Fabulous price!
    Miffed I missed that one...

Well done,
    Bob

?

this?
    Japanese Mess Kit help and translation request