Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Mess Kit identification

Article about: I found this Japanese mess kit that claims to be from WW2. I've compared the mess kit's markings from other ones that I've found online from the period but I'm still not certain. Any thought

The logo on the body of the mess-kit combining the character , within the diamond shown below stood for Ikeda Aluminum in Osaka. The owner was named "Sawazo Ikeda" and the diamond mark represented the built up circumference of a water well called "Igeta (well timber-ties)" a pun on his family name. In the middle he placed "Sa" from Sawazo.

A company name that did not survive the war and a joke-like logo based on a pun on the name of the owner made it a difficult puzzle to solve, but I finally figured it out.
    Attached Images Attached Images Japanese Mess Kit identification 

MAP
    ?

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    The logo on the body of the mess-kit combining the character , within the diamond shown below stood for Ikeda Aluminum in Osaka. The owner was named "Sawazo Ikeda" and the diamond mark represented the built up circumference of a water well called "Igeta (well timber-ties)" a pun on his family name. In the middle he placed "Sa" from Sawazo.

A company name that did not survive the war and a joke-like logo based on a pun on the name of the owner made it a difficult puzzle to solve, but I finally figured it out.
    Well done Nick!
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2