Militaria Romandie - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Military Pith Helmet

Article about: Hi guys, I wanted to show you all my most recent purchase. This is a WWII Japanese Pith Helmet, though missing the cap device, has an interesting inscription on the liner band. It reads, &qu

Gentlemen,

I thank you all for your added insight! Could this have anything to do with the Kenpeitai?. I ever so thankful for the "brain trust" we have in this Forum!

Regards,

Joel

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    ... Could this have anything to do with the Kenpeitai?. I ever so thankful for the "brain trust" we have in this Forum!...
    Hi Joel,

No -- Nick stated, "...Not a military sun helmet, but type worn by Japanese Civil Servant Officials...." so that would rule out Kenpeitai who were military. Probably had some interface with them though.

-- Guy

Guy,

Thank you for the clarification. I certainly have a very limited knowledge of Japanese militaria and appreciate the experience of learning more!

Regards,

Joel

In 1942 May, Korean Customs introduced this sun helmet, but unfortunately yours predates it by 7 years.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Military Pith Helmet  

Nick,

I appreciate the continued input, and for the small price I paid for the item it still is an interesting piece to adorn my shelf. Thank you again for steering me in the right direction as to whom it was issued to and I personally love the 1930's connection.

Regards,

Joel

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2