Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?

Article about: Dear all, I hope I don't bore you with my questions about Japanese uniforms but may I ask you about your opinions about this navy cap? Authentic WW 2? What is the meaning of the white-black

Default Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?

Dear all,

I hope I don't bore you with my questions about Japanese uniforms but may I ask you about your opinions about this navy cap too? Authentic WW 2? What is the meaning of the black cord please? Any informations are wellcome.

With best wishes
    alter musketier

Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?Japanese navy cap: Authentic WW II?
    In memory of my father who was in K-Einsatz, combat engagement, with the RAD in the Alps in 1945, of my grandfather who was with the IR 87 during campaign in France in 1940 and of my grand-uncle who served in the Gardegrenadierregiment Nr. 3 "Königin Elisabeth" and who was killed in action at Craonne, Chemin des Dames in France in 1917

?

A single black stripe indicates petty officer. This cap has a field improvised added stripe. Very sloppy addition. Hard to say if period done