Steve-san:
Now that you pointed out, I can clearly see that the title of the plate on the left of the second row is indeed “陥落”= “kanraku fall of a city or fortress , etc.” Good job!
As for the first line, I still can’t figure out.
The clue is that it must be in 5 kana and contain a “季語” . Although you already seem to have a good grasp of it, I will paste a link showing common 季語.
5000季語一覧 – 季語と歳時記
A complete list apparently comes to 5 volumes though I’m sure much of it would be obscure words that we would no longer recognize.
As for the plate on the right, you are right that the final line starts with “けふの”; kyouno = today’s, the prewar spelling of “きょうの”. As for the last letter, I am not sure if is 月=moon as the leftmost vertical stroke protrudes over the horizontal stroke. The title of the plate is 戦傷兵; wounded soldiers, and the first line seems to be “栗ゆてて” = kuriyudete; boiling chestnuts. 栗 is a 季語 for autumn and is also depicted on the drawings on the right bottom. To me, the first character on the second line looks like “母; haha= mother” and the last character “人; hito = person. But how that could relate to “wounded soldier(s)” baffles me.
Kindest regards,

Akira Komiya