Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese police short sword/ Meji period

Article about: Hello all, I haven’t been buying too many swords lately because the prices have almost been as bad as guns. However, my luck changed the other day when I was able to pickup this fairly dec

Samurai-style swords were allowed for wear by police and firemen only after 5th December 1944, when regulations were changed to allow them to carry any type of pistol, rifle or sword. This easing of regulations was in response to the need to shore up coastal defense patrols by armed policemen.

Goes to show that everything you read and see on the web isn’t exactly true!
    Not only the web, but what's written in the books shown here except factual descriptions are all nonsense. "Mounted Police Emblem", "Style 1 vs 2" appallingly poor research.

Quote by 26Intrepid View Post
    Thanks Bruce for the info... also, any contacts for replacing that nut? If not, I will replace with a HD brass nut until I can find an original. Thanks again, D
    If you can provide good photos, and the correct thread, I may be able to make one for you.
    If not the same, at least something that would suffice until you find an original.
    Ralph.
    Searching for anything relating to, Anton Boos, 934 Stamm. Kp. Pz. Erz. Abt. 7, 3 Kompanie, Panzer-Regiment 2, 16th Panzer-Division (My father)

Wow! Thanks Ralph! I’m gonna have to thing the correct threat size. If you can give me a couple days I can have the info and photos. Thanks again... D

Hello all,

I took Ralph up on his offer to see if he could fabricate a threaded sleeve nut for this sword. Ralph is a miracle worker! After a few emails back and forth Ralph made a nut to fit like a glove. I don’t think I would’ve ever found a replacement nut... and... a regular nut would’ve looked stupid.

I’m very happy with how it turned out... the sword is nice and tight now. I wish I would’ve taken a pic of the nut that Ralph made before the install... maybe Ralph did? Grin...

Mucho thanks to Ralph!!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese police short sword/ Meji period   Japanese police short sword/ Meji period  

Japanese police short sword/ Meji period  

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2