Militaria-Reisig & Antiquitäten - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast

Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?

Article about: I hope you will be able to relay back to the forum what the Dept. Head says about the flag. I would be very interested in this. Tom

Default Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?

Hello, everyone. Had a very bad day today but I found this Japanese prayer flag for cheap at a junk shop. I guess it softens the blow a little bit... I just hope it's authentic.

What does everyone think? Would someone be so kind as to translate it?

Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?

I must admit that I do not know which way is up for this flag... if someone could show me the proper orientation, I'd appreciate it!

?

Default Re: Japanese Prayer Flag. Authentic? Translate?

It says
    " I rerry rerry hope I don't get my butt bron off in this dumb butt war."

Quote by SteveR View Post
    It says
    " I rerry rerry hope I don't get my butt bron off in this dumb butt war."
    I'd prefer that to Japanese for: "You're an idiot for buying a reproduction!"

My gut feeling is that my flag is good. It is extremely similar to this one found on the Collector's Guild:

The Collector's Guild

If I remember correctly, the circular marks are stamps from temples and shrines near the soldier's home town in Japan. The Kanji are individual prayers to keep specific body parts safe?

Any serious responses would be appreciated!

Hi Joe, it looks fine to me, but I cannot read a word of it.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

Thanks, Ade. I got this and the U.S. WWII M-1917A1 helmet together for $50... so I'm pleased.

Bargain!

I always think the M1917A1 liner was a retrograd step: I always thought they were much more uncomfortable to wear than the original. Going back now to re-enacting in the early 1980's when we wore all original kit.

Cheers, Ade.
    Had good advice? Saved money? Why not become a Gold Club Member, just hit the green "Join WRF Club" tab at the top of the page and help support the forum!

The writing characters are the names of friends and relatives of the soldier wishing him courage and good luck. Japanese soldiers carried these on their person. As so many died in battle, they are often found blood stained.
    BOB

LIFE'S LOSERS NEVER LEARN FROM THE ERROR OF THEIR WAYS.

Thanks, Ade! I would have thought that the M1917A1 would be comfy with that big leather cushion smack dab in the center of it.

I'm sure you've already seen it, but here is a thread I made for it: U.S. WW2 M-1917A1 Helmet. Opinions?

I thought you reenacted Soviet Russian. When did you wear the M1917A1?

Page 1 of 3 1 2 3 LastLast