Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese prayer flag translation

Article about: Hi guys a friens picked up this prayer flag at an auction. Can you guys please help with a translation and hopefully I can tell him its good. Thank you guys for looking . Gary

?

Default Japanese prayer flag translation

Hi guys a friens picked up this prayer flag at an auction. Can you guys please help with a translation and hopefully I can tell him its good. Thank you guys for looking . Gary
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese prayer flag translation   Japanese prayer flag translation  

Japanese prayer flag translation   Japanese prayer flag translation  

Japanese prayer flag translation  

This would have been presented in 1944 or later to an employee of Sakoda Trading Co. of Hiroshima. This company was established in Osaka in 1938, but relocated to Hiroshima the same year, where it is still located to this day. The first signee is Toshio Sakoda, probably the president of the company back then. Current website of this company stresses their longtime involvement in suppliying machinery parts related to national defense. The flag does not name who was going to war and got this flag from his company colleagues. The word Tokko appears, indicating it was from a time when Kamikaze attacks were public knowledge.

?

Nick thank you for your help with this flag . I appreciate the time you take with each of these flags you help with . I will pass on the information to my friend . Thank you .Gary

?

1. Special attack
    2. Sincerely
    Most of the rests are names.Japanese prayer flag translation

?

Thank you Chen.