Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

Japanese silk child's ID

Article about: Greetings all! I have run across a very unique (to me) item that I would like some assistance in identifying if possible. As seen the silk has been sewn into a plastic cover it has a child's

?

Default Japanese silk child's ID

Greetings all!
    I have run across a very unique (to me) item that I would like some assistance in identifying if possible. As seen the silk has been sewn into a plastic cover it has a child's name and identification number 4353. my first thought was perhaps Japanese interment camp?
    Any assistance you can provide would be greatly appreciated!!

Thank you in advance!
    Dennis
    Japanese silk child's IDJapanese silk child's ID

Hello Dennis,

Interesting item unfortunately I cannot help you with your questions about it. You have posted in a section of the forum that is for technical support within the forum. If you start a new thread about this item in the proper section of the forum you will most likely have better luck finding the answers to your questions.

Hello,
    Thread moved to the right forum
    Good luck with your item
    Thanks

The sacrifice of life is a huge sacrifice, there is only one that is more terrible, the sacrifice of honor

In Memoriam :
    Laurent Huart (1964-2008)

The Novida surname is most prevalent and has the highest density in the Philippines. This is possibly a Filipino civilian name tag used under Japanese occupation. Badges similar to this were worn by workers and children in Japan.

The name Julia Novida is printed on one side, and the Japanese katakana is printed on the otherside, so you see a bleed-through on the Novida side.

There is some glare at the top so I'm missing one of the katakana, and I'm not sure if I'm reading the katakana correctly:

クヤノベダ Senikuya no Beda [I'm not sure about the second katakana 二]
    ナヲビダっ *nawobitta

Similar badge:
    Japanese silk child's ID

-- Guy

?

It is a Filipino I.D. tag

?

Thank you!!!

?

Thank you for your response!!! do you happen to have any idea concerning it's value?

- - ------- - -

Thank you!!

?

I think in more sane times, it would be reasonable to see these ID tags go for around $50 each. If you search online on auction sites though, recent prices have been astronomical. Type in "Civilian ID Badge" in the sold listings for recent examples.

Tom

?

WOW!! I just checked sites! and a Filipino friend of mine identified mine as being from PANGASINAN Philippines. thank you for your input!!