Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese Training camp photo album

Article about: Hi All, I was wondering if anyone could help answer a few questions about this item since i have not seen many around. it is a little beat up and the kanji is written on rice paper....I was

Interesting to see a MSgt with what appears to be a civil/private sword re-fitted for the war. Nick's document showed that the Army officially authorized NCOs to carry private swords in 1945, but we've all seen pictures of them being carried by NCOs as early as WWI. This picture was in 1939.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Japanese Training camp photo album  

As I already mentioned, even enlisted men carried private swords in the China Incident.

Quote by nick komiya View Post
    As I already mentioned, even enlisted men carried private swords in the China Incident.
    Sorry, Nick, I wasn't very clear in my wording - I was mentioning how the Army finally came around to officially acknowledging the fact and blessing NCOs to carry private swords, by 1945, in a document you uncovered. Didn't mean to sound as if you weren't aware of the early practice.

But thanks for the reminder! I do remember, now, your mention that it was known as early as the China Incident.

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    THAT'S IT !!!!!

Now .... how to find a copy that can be properly copied .....
    Does this work?

No, no it does not.... but maybe this website will help: 𡥦 - Chinese Text Project

Hi Gewehr,

Nice try! However, the site opens and has lots of ����� code blocks instead of kanji. Arrrgghh.

(^__^)

-- Guy

Yet another nice try. I just get unicode. When I click to copy, all I get is ������

I think I'll take a nap. (^__^)

-- Guy

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2