MilitaryHarbor - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Japanese WW2 sword found

Article about: Hi can anyone please give me some info and some idea of value. Thanks

Default Re: Japanese WW2 sword found

Done like true British gentleman. I thank you.

Quote by hassiman View Post
    Done like true British gentleman. I thank you.

I agree, thanks Ade.

I admit i can be a bit blunt sometimes but did not intend to offend and was mearly giving my opinion.
    Personaly if i had a peice and doubted its authenticity or mearly wanted opinions and posted it on here i would value all the opinions right or wrong.

After all that is what we are all here for, to discuss this great hobby of ours in a gentlemanly manner.

-

I am glad this problem, has been handled correctly by all....

Seibei,

I for one, thought your assessment of the sword was straight forward and concise. I by no means, thought you were chastising him whatsoever. I learned from it and thank your for your expertise and now, know what to look at when faced with the possibility of encountering one.

Regards,

Joel

He makes no sense, first he asks for info, and the he said he has a site that has of the info on the sword, that make no sense at all.

The blade did look poorly done, as Japanease sword makers would never have done something so crude.

?

Quote by buellmeister View Post
    Seibei,

I for one, thought your assessment of the sword was straight forward and concise. I by no means, thought you were chastising him whatsoever. I learned from it and thank your for your expertise and now, know what to look at when faced with the possibility of encountering one.

Regards,

Joel

I know absolutely zilch about Japanese swords. A sword is a sword is a sword to me.
    Since I joined this group I have learnt shedloads about things that I "thought" I already knew. It is through posing questions and pictures on here and other forums that we learn.
    Yes, there are some of us that can be "abrupt", (myself included), and the response(s) could possibly be taken in the wrong context, however on this one, I thought that Seibei's response was perfectly straight forward, clear and concise and in no way offensive.

As Ade has said, can we please continue to act in a gentlemanly way and not resort to verbal fisticuffs.

Just my 2 pennorth folks.

Gentlemen. I beleive that what has occured is that someone was trying to authenticate a copy for resale purposes. The individual unknowing of the expertise of many members in this forum and others similar to this one is trying to get positive feedback so he/she can sell it as an original. OR.....he.she is 5 years old.
    Cheers, Raul.

Raul,

I concur with your later assessment... Ha Ha

I am really sorry missed this one. I could have used a little excitement.

I know a little bit about swords, have posted mine here, and I have also handled many originals. All the items shown by this fellow are modern Chinese manufacture, 100%........ period.

Regards

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2