Combat-relics.com - Top
Display your banner here

Japenese Field Caps good or bad?

Article about: Hi All, I know nothing about authenticating Japanese Field Caps or what to look for in fakes outside of the item looking old, so hopefully someone here collects them or knows what to look fo

Default Japanese Field Caps good or bad?

Hi All,
    I know nothing about authenticating Japanese Field Caps or what to look for in fakes outside of the item looking old, so hopefully someone here collects them or knows what to look for in a real one and can tell me how these 4 caps look and what they are valued at in todays market so I dont overpay. any help is greatly appreciated, Thank you!
    Cap 1-Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?

Cap 2-Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?

Cap 3-Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?

Cap 4-Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?Japenese Field Caps good or bad?
    Last edited by maximus71; 06-09-2013 at 02:29 AM.

?

Default Re: Japanese Field Caps good or bad?

Hi John , these can be a minefield as there are many authentic variations . I personally like caps 1,2 and 4 . No.3 i am not familiar with regarding the material although that does not mean its not authentic It certainly has a nice chin strap and side buttons but if it is original to the cap i couldn't say . I try not to get involved with valuations as peoples needs vary so much , what is the asking price ?
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Default Re: Japenese Field Caps good or bad?

Hi Al, Thanks for the reply, 3 of them are a bidding item, and cap 1 is 550 or best offer. I just dont want to pay 400 if they are only worth 200 since this area is not my collecting expertise but somewhere in the 300 range sounds fair for one of these if original, I just assume there are alot of fakes out there just like with the german items.
    Last edited by maximus71; 06-10-2013 at 02:24 AM.

wow not many collectors of these I guess, I may have to pass on one for now since I do not know enough about them and cant get enough feedback on them to be 100% sure I am purchasing a good one, I tend to avoid minefields lol

?

All the caps look fine to me as for price I am not sure, I've seen some go for pretty good money

Personally, I see nothing amiss with any of the 4 caps shown. Sure, there are fakes of Japanese, but nowhere near as extensive as German stuff. If you could pick up the lot for a straight Grand, it would be a great deal, I'd say.
    William

"Much that once was, is lost. For none now live who remember it."