Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Jinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical Report

Article about: I have attached several pages of the US Ordnance Technical Report on the Jinsen Arsenal following the surrender of Japan. It's interesting no mention of swords is made anywhere in the report

Default Jinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical Report

I have attached several pages of the US Ordnance Technical Report on the Jinsen Arsenal following the surrender of Japan. It's interesting no mention of swords is made anywhere in the report. This plant was identified as producing T-99 rifles, bayonets and ammunition. Apparently the swords came from the Heigo plant, no idea the location of it but apparently somewhere different than the main Arsenal.

Later in the report it states the methods of manufacture was heavily done by hand with thousands of hand files found throughout the plant.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Jinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical Report   Jinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical Report  

?

Heijo was a factory of the Jinsen Arsenal, i understand it was located physically separate from the actual Arsenal.
    Here's a mention of swords from US Ordnance Technical Report #27 1946

The spelling with a 'g' is i think a case of language used, i'm sure someone will correct me on that.

Quote by stegel View Post
    Heijo was a factory of the Jinsen Arsenal, i understand it was located physically separate from the actual Arsenal.
    Here's a mention of swords from US Ordnance Technical Report #27 1946

The spelling with a 'g' is i think a case of language used, i'm sure someone will correct me on that.

That's great info, do you have anymore of that page or more on Heigo production?

?

Sorry, but thats all that was mentioned about swords, for the mainland (China/Manchuria) and Taiwan (Formosa)

Quote by stegel View Post
    Sorry, but thats all that was mentioned about swords, for the mainland (China/Manchuria) and Taiwan (Formosa)
    Would it be possible to reproduce the entire page you posted? Lots of that info, other than swords, i would be most interested in. I have a great interest in armament production, factories, maintenance depots, locations and methods, types of products and quantities of manufacture.

?

Here you go,
    That is the whole report as i have it.
    Jinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical ReportJinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical ReportJinsen Arsenal US Ordnance Technical Report

Thanks very much stegel, that is awesome information!