Steyer Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

medals lot

Article about: i purchased a group of japanese medals that are on a uniform holder and came in a plastic box. Three medals - Japanese ORDER OF THE SACRED TREASURE Japanese ORDER OF THE RISING SUN, 8TH CLAS

Default medals lot

i purchased a group of japanese medals that are on a uniform holder and came in a plastic box. Three medals - Japanese ORDER OF THE SACRED TREASURE
    Japanese ORDER OF THE RISING SUN, 8TH CLASS and Japanese RED CROSS MEDAL are on one medal bar and a single RED CROSS with pin/bow on another medal bar. Do the additions on the second red cross medal indicate anything or is it just more complete than the other?

do the medal bars appear an original device to mount Japanese medals. does the grouping of 3 a possible configuration to an individual.

the brown plastic box has a flower design on top and kanji text on inside; box was inside a cardboard box with some print on inside of its lid. If the text can be translated to english and is the container something from the WWII period?

thank you
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture medals lot   medals lot  

medals lot   medals lot  

medals lot   medals lot  

The inside of the box lid says "Patriotic Women's League Commemorative". So the box contained something other than the medals.

The red cross medal with the rosette indicated lifetime membership.

On the medal bar, rightmost is the correct position for the red cross medal.
    I know little about medal bar mounting hardware, but what you show may have been a non-military model or from another country, I don't know, as I have never seen such a simple one.

Maybe for the sash I have seen the women wear in support. When you say inside lid are you referring to the brown plastic lid or the cardboard one?

I mean the lid of the lacquerware. The box lid names the maker of the content as Kinfuji, a ceramics shop that used to be in Nihonbashi. The women's sash would not have come in any box.