Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

My first pass book

Article about: I just received my first passbook. I've been through the Evolution of the Japanese Passbook article by Nick Koyima, which gave me an idea of what pages have which information. Can anyone hel

Default My first pass book

I just received my first passbook. I've been through the Evolution of the Japanese Passbook article by Nick Koyima, which gave me an idea of what pages have which information. Can anyone help me with the person's name or unit?
    Thank you in advance, Paul
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first pass book   My first pass book  

My first pass book  

RMD
    ?

Sorry I can't help.

... But man, that is COOL!

His name was Shouhei Kanetoh, first in infantry than in the Finance Dept. Your photos are too small and fuzzy for proper reading. You need to scan or use a proper camera, not an I Phone.

Default pics

Thank you Nick. I hope these are better.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture My first pass book   My first pass book  

Default adjusted

Sorry, I needed to rotate this one.

?

Any other hand written pages? Finance entries are not commonly seen.

Tom

He was inducted into the 14th Inft Rgt in December 1927 and would have been called back to service as a reservist several times. He got switched to Finance as he made corporal. His original passbook would have been khaki color, but he likely got the new version when returning as a reservist.

Thank you very much Nick.