Adlermilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Nambu Holster; Your Thoughts Requested

Article about: Hello all, I hope even in the midst of the ugliness in our world right now, you are all safe, happy, healthy and enjoying your collections/collecting activities. That being said I've been bu

Default Nambu Holster; Your Thoughts Requested

Hello all,

I hope even in the midst of the ugliness in our world right now, you are all safe, happy, healthy and enjoying your collections/collecting activities. That being said I've been busy buying bits here and there and searching for more on the horizon. This holster came across the wire today and I'm wondering if it checks out. Its being offered for around $50 but wasn't sure if I should make the jump. Here are the photos the seller provided. Hope they find you well. Warmest wishes.

Nambu Holster; Your Thoughts RequestedNambu Holster; Your Thoughts RequestedNambu Holster; Your Thoughts RequestedNambu Holster; Your Thoughts RequestedNambu Holster; Your Thoughts Requested

MAP
    ?

There are some very good repo examples out there. Can't really be sure from these photos but my gut says it's good.

It looks like it is a type VII with black lacquered metal. Good condition but missing the leather protector on the spring clip.

Compare to this and you should be able to form your own opinions. It's a great link.

Nambu World: Type 14 Holster-JMCH VII

I think $50 is a bargain if real and with the strap. Haven't priced them in ages so don't know the going rates. I know the early ones are more expensive. Have you compared to examples on line for sale? Do a quick check on ebay. You should find a few

Key words such as "Type 14 Nambu holster"
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

MAP,

Should I end up having this holster in hand soon, are there any areas of the holster which may provide more insight if photographed? Many thanks and my best wishes to you.

MAP
    ?

Quote by Midwest Picker View Post
    MAP,

Should I end up having this holster in hand soon, are there any areas of the holster which may provide more insight if photographed? Many thanks and my best wishes to you.
    I added some more comments to my original post. I thnk it is a good one. But you need to check out Teri's NambuWorld link. This should give you all the details and information you will need when looking at it in hand.

Another page on her website....

Nambu World: Type 14 Accessories

Edit: If you buy if for $50.00....I'll double your money

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

?

The shoulder strap alone is worth $150+++ As mentioned the leather covering over the latch springs is missing & that will change value. Should have ink stamps on interior of flap lid

MAP
    ?

Quote by Jareth View Post
    The shoulder strap alone is worth $150+++ As mentioned the leather covering over the latch springs is missing & that will change value. Should have ink stamps on interior of flap lid
    shhhhhh! I offered to double his money for the set LoL!!!!!

Anyway ....good luck Midwest! If you get this it will be a bargain as noted.

Midwest , the price is very reasonable, like a steal. The things I would be looking at are; is there marks on the inside of holster that shows a pistol was once in it. Do the catches have correct amount of wear for their age. The third and probable the best is the smell test. I see you don't have the holster in hand but if you decide to buy it that will tell the story. If it smells like leather it is fake. Here is a pic of a holster t94 brought back from Japan from my dad. It needs some work but is original.

John
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Nambu Holster; Your Thoughts Requested   Nambu Holster; Your Thoughts Requested  

Hello all,

Sad news today unfortunately. I let the seller know I wanted to purchase this item last night only to receive a "it's been sold to someone else" message this evening. I got the impression it has sold several days ago and my message only spurred him to mark it "sold" finally. I'm certainly a bit let down as I was excited for this one. Add to that a no-return message on a ND M42 for $200 a week ago and its been disheartening lately. But that's the hobby sometimes. Thank you all for your kindhearted wisdom and a few chuckles. I'll keep my eyes to the horizon for whatever comes along next. Nothing but the best wishes to each and every one of you!

MAP
    ?

Well you have certainly gotten your fair share of winners over the years.

There will be others...