Military Antiques Stockholm - Top
Display your banner here

Name in IJN officer cap

Article about: Can anyone help with the nae in this IJN cap? Thanks in advance.

Default Name in IJN officer cap

Can anyone help with the nae in this IJN cap? Thanks in advance.Name in IJN officer cap
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Name in IJN officer cap  
    Last edited by paul kennedy; 11-24-2022 at 04:08 PM.

It’s written in the postwar word order. His family name was Okada, but the first name can be read in more than one way, Kazuki, Kazuyoshi.

Thank you, Nick. Based on the post war order, it sounds like I should pass on this.

In the navy, westernized writing was conceivable even during the war, so although it's a warning shot, it does not make it post war.

Thanks again, Nick. That's good to know.

I have one other question. There are two white covers that come with this cap. One has kanli on the edge. Is this related at all to the cap?
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Name in IJN officer cap   Name in IJN officer cap  

Yes, that also has his name.

Nick,

What is the kanji above 岡田?

Not a name but a 54

Again, thank you for the help. I really appreciate it.