Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants

Article about: Thought I’d start a new separate post. I have a second pattern naval paratroopers jacket and pants. Both unfortunately have near illegible stamps. It is my assumption they’re both late w

?

Default Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants

Thought I’d start a new separate post. I have a second pattern naval paratroopers jacket and pants. Both unfortunately have near illegible stamps. It is my assumption they’re both late war based on ink stamps and the lack of snaps on jacket. One could say perhaps it’s unfinished? Interesting paper hang tag.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants   Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants  

Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants   Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants  

Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants   Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants  

Naval Paratrooper Jacket & Pants  

Great set! Apparently, the person (vet?) who picked it up only thought it was just another landing troop outfit.
    Of the markings, I can only make out the First Naval Clothing Depot (海軍第一衣糧廠)issue stamp on the jacket and size 2 marking (弐)on the pants.
    Apparently, the First Naval Clothing Depot was established in Shinagawa in Tokyo in October, 1943 so it will place the date of the outfit at least after such date.
    第1海軍衣糧廠

(The set that was on the PX magazine was dated January, 1943 and was marked to the Yokosuka Materiel Depot)

?

Thanks Akira. Appreciate your translation.