Griffin Militaria - Top
Display your banner here

Navy Stencil Anchor Helmets; Any wartime photos?

Article about: Does anyone have any wartime photos showing the navy stenciled anchor helmets in use or captured? I'm not doubting their use, but it's hard to find late war photos and I assume these helmets

?

Default Navy Stencil Anchor Helmets; Any wartime photos?

Does anyone have any wartime photos showing the navy stenciled anchor helmets in use or captured? I'm not doubting their use, but it's hard to find late war photos and I assume these helmets were being used when things were going downhill for Japan.

?

They were certainly used! That said I only know of one period photo

?

There's definitely photos out there but much effort has been made by collectors to keep them private.
    The Naval Landing Force Historical Preservation Association has a photo and it will appear in one of their publications scheduled for release at the end of the year.

Quote by adachi View Post
    ...The Naval Landing Force Historical Preservation Association ...
    Well, I found your url, but -- probably because I'm on a government computer -- the page opens to the following:

-- Guy

?

Quote by ghp95134 View Post
    Well, I found your url, but -- probably because I'm on a government computer -- the page opens to the following:

-- Guy
    Interesting, thanks for letting me know. I assume with it being such an unknown site it will naturally be automatically flagged as suspicious by many web browsers. I can assure you there is nothing malicious there, it's built on the Google sites tool so there is no way of adding anything like that as far as I know. But as of right now there isn't much on there aside from some photographs, unit lists, and contact info.

Thanks. Because I'm using a government computer -- going through our security protocols, etc. .... I am actually unable to bypass that warning! When I click "Advanced" I get:
    Someone could be trying to impersonate the site and you should not continue.

Websites prove their identity via certificates. Firefox does not trust [redacted] because its certificate issuer is unknown, the certificate is self-signed, or the server is not sending the correct intermediate certificates.

Error code: SEC_ERROR_UNKNOWN_ISSUER
    When I then press "Accept risk and continue" .... it opens right back to the original yellow-bordered warning page.

(^__^)

I'm hoping that after you're up and running -- and have your security certificates squared away -- I'll be able to check out those tempting photos you've assembled.

Cheers,
    - Guy

Hey! Now I get the familiar "company" warning: