Rg-militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast

NEED HELP Japanese flag

Article about: Hi, Would appreciate if someone could tell me what this flag was for. It measures 38 and a half x 28. Double sided. Fringes on three sides. Annoyed from this ads?  

Default NEED HELP Japanese flag

Hi,
    Would appreciate if someone could tell me what this flag was for. It measures 38 and a half x 28. Double sided. Fringes on three sides.
    NEED HELP Japanese  flagNEED HELP Japanese  flagNEED HELP Japanese  flag

三陽青年隊
    SANYO Seinen-Tai
    SANYO Youth Battalion/Group

I do not know if this group is associated with the corporation known today as SANYO, but it is the same 三陽 [SanYo] kanji.

--Guy

Thanks Guy,
    Yeah I have no idea. Its old and asuming its ww2 era? I need to do more research on SanYo..Kanji

Quote by navycollector View Post
    Thanks Guy,
    Yeah I have no idea. Its old and asuming its ww2 era? I need to do more research on SanYo..Kanji
    Definitely pre-1945. The Seinen-Tai were Youth Groups and not necessarily military in nature. What I mean by "SanYo...Kanji" is that the kanji 三陽 spells out SANYO and I'd bet a dollar to a doughnut it's the same SANYO Corp. today. Probably something like the "SANYO Youth Corps" -- organized and administered by the Sanyo Corp.

--Guy

Thanks again,
    Could this youth group be something like the german Hitler Youth?I appreciate the info

Quote by navycollector View Post
    Thanks again,
    Could this youth group be something like the german Hitler Youth?I appreciate the info
    Kinda sorta. I'm no expert ... when looking up 青年隊 I invariably get the result ヒトラー青年隊 [Hitoraa Seinen-Tai: Hiltler Youth Corps]. However, it seems the Japanese analogue to the HJ was the 大日本青年党 Dai-Nippon Seinen-tō.

I'm guessing the Seinen-tai were more like Boy Scouts than "HJ".

--Guy

O.K. Thanks again,

Jason

?

Hi Jason , it interests me that the flag bears the image of the Golden Kite , which is the Emblem used in the Japanese military bravery awards of the seven classes of the Order of the Golden Kite , so its possible it could have military connotations .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Well, since this is the SANYO Corporation, I do not think there is a military connection. The Greater Japanese Aviation Youth Corps had an eagle on its flag ... but that was an aviation-related corps:

source

I've seen other flags with an eagle similar to yours .... but "Murphy's Law" prevails -- I cannot find a single image after a loooooong search!
    I'm sticking to this being an industry-run youth corps.

--Guy

?

Hey Guy , sorry for the late reply , i've been away . Thanks for the translation of the flag and posting that link , as it sort of meets with what i was thinking ( it being a Cadet Corps banner ) . Over here in Britain , we have cadet groups for the Army , Navy and Air Force and although they are not directly linked to the military ( that you can be called up for military service ) these groups are sponsored by by the Senior Forces and wear uniforms to reflect the same . When i mentioned "military" i was thinking in the youth corps sense . Perhaps this was a similar system sponsored by Sanyo . I really like the banner though
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Page 1 of 2 1 2 LastLast