Great Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2

Need opinion on a WW2 Katana

Article about: Hello, good afternoon, I bought this katana, what do you think of it? It is quite pretty, with a leather case, I don't know the marking, maybe I paid too much for it, 1500 euros. Well I'm su

I only have 1 Sadamasa on file, but it does have the same mei as his. It's possible there were more than one smith by the same name. That was fairly common during the war.

Could I get a full length photo of the nakago? Is there a small stamp near the top?

This one was being sold by Smallsword on ebay when I saved the photos:
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Need opinion on a WW2 Katana   Need opinion on a WW2 Katana  

Need opinion on a WW2 Katana  

Quote by Bruce Pennington View Post
    I only have 1 Sadamasa on file, but it does have the same mei as his. It's possible there were more than one smith by the same name. That was fairly common during the war.

Could I get a full length photo of the nakago? Is there a small stamp near the top?

This one was being sold by Smallsword on ebay when I saved the photos:
    Thanks Bruce, that is very helpful.

-- Guy

?

Just a thought, but maybe some of the Seki swordsmiths delegated the mass produced blades to someone else for signing while the more labor intensive swords were signed by the master himself.

?

From what i can see , the casting of the tsuba looks to be well below standard and what could be chiselling marks where burrs may have been removed from around the sword aperture .
    REGARDS AL

We are the Pilgrims , master, we shall go
    Always a little further : it may be
    Beyond that last blue mountain barred with snow
    Across that angry or that glimmering sea...

Uh-oh .... looks like we're being hacked!!!

That's been going around the forums lately. The way they are getting in makes it very difficult, if not impossible, to prevent.

I need help, I don't know what happened. It won't let me change the password. I have no idea how I could have been hacked. It can't respond to Alan M privately.

It seems like I've resolved the hacking issue. I've already received the katana. I'll send more photos if you want, but I don't dare to disassemble it.

Page 2 of 2 FirstFirst 1 2