Damn Yankee - Top
Display your banner here

New Book on the IJN 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun

Article about: A new 93-page softcover book entitled The 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun: A Detailed Study has been published. The book is currently available over at Amazon.com. It can easily be located by

?

Default New Book on the IJN 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun

A new 93-page softcover book entitled The 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun: A Detailed Study has been published. The book is currently available over at Amazon.com. It can easily be located by the ISBN number of 979-8528965895.

One of the co-authors was kind enough to give me permission to repost the image of the front cover. Now I wonder where the location of that gun in the middle of the front cover is located at!
    Our new book on the IJN 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun published on Amazon

Edit: It did not take long for me to cave-in so I asked for the location!
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture New Book on the IJN 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun  
    Last edited by Kiipu; 08-02-2021 at 09:06 PM.

?

The location of the actual gun is Chulachomklao Fort in Thailand.

Nice to see a Japanese one still around! Chulachomklao Fort is at the mouth of the Chao Phraya river that flows south through Bangkok to the Gulf of Siam. Thailand remained the only country in Southeast Asia not colonized by Europeans but all of its neighbors were controlled by either the British or the French - but it was invaded by the Japanese on December 8th, 1941.

If any forum member goes to Bangkok for business or travel they should try and visit this cool museum and maybe even get some close up shots of the weapon and things like data plates, serial numbers, stampings, etc.

New Book on the IJN 40mm “Bi”-Type Machine Gun
    Last edited by Long Shot; 08-04-2021 at 10:30 PM.

?

For those that prefer an ebook, a Kindle version of the book is now available.