Wardmilitaria - Top
Display your banner here

Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please

Article about: Same as the 7th class I posted. I believe to be a good medal with a late war lacquered Box. All opinions are appreciated. If not original I will return. FleaBay purchase with poor photos. Th

Default Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please

Same as the 7th class I posted. I believe to be a good medal with a late war lacquered Box. All opinions are appreciated. If not original I will return. FleaBay purchase with poor photos. These are my photos. The cases are the same construction with b=different markings. With the staining it was pretty cheap but these medals are not very expensive to begin with. The values are a bit strange as comapared to German. They both lost! and there is much less Japanese items on the market comparably.
    John

Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please

MAP
    ?

Can't help on originality but I really like them. Only gave a handful but someday I want to get more.

Hope it's a good one as well as the other.
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Both your Rising Suns are completely original post war pieces. 7th class with blank silver backs are a sure sign of post war. Earlier ones are finished in enamel on both sides. Also I suppose your boxes are both with spring loaded lids. Gold lettering as a rule excludes WW2 vintage, as approx 1938 to 1945, they used silver lettering. Whether you have justification to return is a question of whether they were specifically sold as pre-war. Otherwise they are totally honest pieces.

Am I supposed to take your silence and lack of adult courtesy as an insult to me or did I shock you by telling you both orders were post war? If the latter, you'll end up making the same mistake for sacred treasures, if you don't research before you buy. The easiest clue is the writing on the case lids.
    Current style lettering includes war time as well, but then it will be in silver not gold.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please   Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please  

Thanks for the replies. I have been down a bit with a spinal injection. I do appreciate the information but I am disappointed in the post war item. I did not pay too much for them so they were a good learning tool and will fill a void until a war time piece is located.
    John

I think popping this post is better and cleaner than creating a new one. I found a specimen with the post-war characters. But can't be sure about the color of them. They look silver to me. By the way I'm not experienced in Japanese medals and decorations so everything you will say is golden for me. Unfortunetly don't have any other pictures yet. But If you want some more detailed photos, I can reach out to the dealer and ask for them.
    What do you think about this one ? Is it post war as well?
    As far as I understand from the things you said about the topic, even tho' the characters are not Meiji Style, it can still be war-era specimen if it is silver colored. Am I right ?
    And what are the best ways to tell if the medal is from war-era or not?

Thanks a lot.

Eren.
    Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions PleaseOrder of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please

It looks like a pre-war piece to me, as postwar cases tend to be plastic with spring-loaded lids that close without any closing hasp, though I do not know when this switch occurred. The order itself is Showa style as evident from the comparison below.
    Click to enlarge the picture Click to enlarge the picture Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class Opinions Please  

Thanks a lot for answering. As I said I don't know much about these beautiful pieces of history. I got in touch with the dealer and asked for new photos. I am going to post and ask everyone about it. I don't want to bother you much but I just need guidance. So could you please check the new ones as well? Thanks again. I'm grateful.

Eren.

Link to the post: Order of the Rising Sun 8th Class