Espenlaub Militaria - Top
Display your banner here
Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3

Pages from Japan at War.

Article about: Thank you for your post. Always good to have additional thoughts/opinions. Of course, I do not agree with a single thing you said. That's why we engage in posting our thoughts. Have a great

MAP
    ?

Quote by arditi View Post
    Thank you Rene! Will do Sir!
    Best Regards, Russ
    As this book covers a broad range, you might want to post it in BOTH of these threads linked below. But if it leans mostly towards uniforms and equipment and more general overall topics then just the first thread is fine.

Please follow format we have set up including a single photo of the cover

Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Uniforms and Equipment and General topics

Imperial Japanese Army and Navy - Edged Weapons and Firearms

An example of the correct format is:

Title:
    Author:
    Publisher:
    Year: (and what edition if more than one)
    Language:
    ISBN:
    Pages: (and if Hardcover or softcover or if digital version is available.)

You can add a very short summary if you like as well as where it can be purchased

You can use the posts in this thread as a reference as to how we like to see it

https://www.warrelics.eu/forum/forum...4/#post2103364
    "Please", Thank You" and proper manners appreciated

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

where can i buy this book

MAP
    ?

Quote by jeeplover View Post
    where can i buy this book

See link below

Russ Arendell

My greatest fear is that one day I will die and my wife will sell my guns for what I told her I paid for them

"Don't tell me these are investments if you never intend to sell anything" (Quote: Wife)

Uh, yes. Details matter for those who care. And he 'published a frikken book' doesn't really exempt him from having professional standards. Not sure of actual numbers, but 300,000+? books every year are published in US alone. Publishing itself is not an indicator of how good a book is. It is more about how much money was given to be published. Anyone can pay money to have something published. And it is so easy to get ISBN number. Try it.

As for this book, the author posted images on this public forum. So, I would imagine, they are images he thought to be representative of the book. The pages are, as I said, amateurish. The editing includes such laughers as: It's for Its, 'In Point of fact ' [groan]. 'This small number is small indeed in view of the fact' UGH! The author needs an editor that is well-versed in English style.
    The author says he stands by the production. Nuff said.

See sour grapes!!

?

Quote by fukuoka View Post
    'This small number is small indeed in view of the fact' UGH!
    Oh, man, that brought back funny (and slightly uncomfortable) memories! One of my Philo. profs. at university wrote the same thing on one of my papers when I included the richly descriptive word of "tidbits" in one of the paragraphs.

Tom

Sour grapes?? Do you mean that you think I wish I had published a book with such bad editing? LOL, yeah, sure. If only I had published such a poorly written book!

Again, I am only talking about the written style, ridiculous fonts, and general look of the book--which are indeed amateurish. The contents, though, which I haven't seen in full, I cannot comment about.

reneblacky, since you are defending this book so vigorously, I would assume you have some stake in the success of the book. If not, why are you so adamant in defending it? To be honest, I have no interest at all; I am just commenting on the advertisement OP has posted for his book. The ad failed, IMO. That's all. Sour grapes has nothing to do with it.

?

The book was made by an amateur/s. Everything you mention as a complaint is fine. It's not a book you would enjoy as gramatical errors are throughout. I will certainly make many more like it in the years to come. Make sure you stay away from it and the others. Wink. I want you to feel academic purity and righteousness in your reading materials/habits. I tease, of course, have a great Sunday! We have some beautiful snow falling this early morning and I plan on taking a quick look and then sleeping to noon or so. Best to all, Russ

paraphrase: 'I wrote a book that is amateurish and riddled with grammatical errors. And I will do more in the future!' LOL, OK. Glad to see you embrace your shortcomings. Really, there is nothing more to say about this.

MAP
    ?

All discussions / reviews / and notification of new publications should be directed to the Forum Reference Library Section of the forum (see link below). Discussions should be kept factual and on topic.

Post Your Comments on Reference Books Here

The direct sale of items (books, etc) in the main forum is not allowed. The classified section is available. See link below

Main Index - Militaria Collectibles buy - sell at War Relics

This book will be added to the Japanese reference section in the near future.

Topic closed.

Page 3 of 3 FirstFirst 1 2 3